Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Unable to find IceUtil reference in online docs

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find any reference to IceUtil in the on-line reference docs at: http://www.zeroc.com/doc/Ice-3.2.1/reference. Can you please point me to the reference manual.

In particular, I want to query the runtime about the state of the thread pool - such as the number of outstanding threads, number of threads remaining in the threadpool, etc. These stats will be useful in determining when my sizing of the threads in the thread pool is running near the limit, without having to resort to sifting through log files for ThreadPool.*.SizeWarn messages (plus these messages don't tell me anything about the distribution of the thread sizes, just when they reach the limit).

Thanks,
Vanco

Comments

• vanco wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    In particular, I want to query the runtime about the state of the thread pool - such as the number of outstanding threads, number of threads remaining in the threadpool, etc.

After some digging around in /usr/include/Ice*, managed to find a 'threadHook' that can be passed in as part of an InitializationData, that I would assume is used to initialize the Ice application. Now trying to see how this will work together with Ice::Application...

Vanco