Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

visual c++ 2008 express

hello,

i have download the ice examples after reading the documents

Windows Installer for Visual Studio 2005
Ice-3.2.1-VC80.msi

i'm using visual c++ 2008 express

i went to the printer demo \Ice-3.2.1\demo\book\printer
when i'm compiling the client project i've got an error
"the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"
did i done something wrong or the ice examples didn't compatible with
visual c++ 2008 express yet?

could somebody help me with that problem

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    Please have a look at our list of supported platforms. We do not support Visual C++ 2008 yet. The next version of Ice will support Visual C++ 2008.
  • When you say Ice will support vc++ 2008 in the next version do you mean the 3.3 or what version exactly?
  • dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    Yes, Ice 3.3 will support Visual Studio 2008 (ie Visual C++ 9.0).

Dwayne
  • Thanks.

Look forward to using it.
  • I have noticed that the vc90 install of 3.3b does not include the python development components. Will the final release have these?
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Carlos,

Unfortunately the latest Python release (2.5.2) does not support Visual Studio 2008 (even building extensions doesn't work). Therefore, we can't support Ice for Python with Visual Studio 2008.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • The application failed to initialize properly (0xc015002) on bidirS demo

I am also getting this error, but I am using VS2005. The bidirS demo builds OK, but I get this error when I try to execute it.

I found some stuff on the web that told me to run CACLS /E /G BUILTIN\Users:R
    on all DLLs in the Windows\System directory but it didn't help.

Any ideas?
  • More on The application failed to initialize properly

BTW - I DO have Visual C++ 2008 Express installed, but I am not using it in this project.
  • Still more on The application failed to initialize properly

Some more info that might be useful. I'm running XP SP3 (SP3 recently installed) and ICE 3.3.0.

Sorry about the multiple postings. I should have been more organized on my first post.
  • One last post on The application failed to initialize properly

I don't know if this means anything, but I just looked at bindirS.exe with Depends and there are flags (appear to be missing dependencies) for the following DLLs:

MSVCR80D.DLL in BZIP2D.DLL
    MSVCP80D.DLL in ICE33D.DLL
    MSVCR80D.DLL in ICE33D.DLL

These DLLs do appear in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\redist\Debug_NonRedist\x86\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT