Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Publishing to replicated IceStorms

Hello again,

If I have replicated IceStorms, can I pick which Storm I am publishing to? I am currently grabbing the TopicPrx's via Ice::Query q->findAllReplicas( topicprx), but when I get the publisher it had the replicted signiture and it pushes to which ever one the IceGrid tells me to. I want to have one publish go to multiple IceStorms. So far I see that I can subscribe to a specific topic manager, but not publish.

Am I missing something?

Tim Brandt

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

If you want the publisher proxy returned by Topic::getPublisher() to not be replicated, you should simply remove the replicaGroup attribute from Publish object adapter deployment descriptor. For example:
              <adapter name="${service}.Publish" endpoints="${publish-endpoints}"/>

Let us know if you need more information.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Would just publishing to the replica and then having the subscribers subscribe to all TopicManagers accomplish the same thing?
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Yes, you don't really need to use replica groups if you always want to publish to a given IceStorm instance.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • I guess what my real question is:

If I publish a heartbeat to the Replica Group, does it go to all Replicas ? And if it does not how do I make it go to all Replicas?

In my testing it seems like it does not. I would like to be able to have one publisher publish to a Replica Group and then have all of the clients get the data.