Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Problem : Connection lost Exception

Hello

I'm trying to create an application with a client who send an "image" to a computer, this computer calculate things with this image and send back to the client the results.

The image is in fact a sequence of int. First, I tried with a little array, it worked perfectly. After, I tried with an array of 1000000 values. It raised an MemoryLimitException so I increased the MessageSizeMax for the client, the IceGrid server (I use Icegrid between the client and the computer who calculate) and for the computer who calculate.

Then, I've an Ice::ConnectionLostException in this error message :

03/05/08 14:04:51.531 warning: connection exception:
TcpTransceiver.cpp:223: Ice::ConnectionLostException:
connection lost: recv() returned zero
local address = 10.133.8.221:4058
remote address = 10.133.8.221:4043
03/05/08 14:04:51.578 warning: connection exception:
TcpTransceiver.cpp:167: Ice::ConnectionLostException:
connection lost: WSAECONNABORTED
local address = 10.133.8.221:4060
remote address = 10.133.8.221:4043
GridClient.exe: TcpTransceiver.cpp:167: Ice::ConnectionLostException:
connection lost: WSAECONNABORTED

If it's not an error with the constant MemoryLimitException, I don't know where does it come from? hope you'll see better than me.

Thanks

Antoine

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Did you also set the Ice.MessageSizeMax property in the server configuration file? If not the server will close the connection if it receives messages bigger than the default message size limit.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Hi,

Yes, I set the Ice.MessageSizeMax property in the server configuration file, and it didn't change anything. I always got the same error message...

Cheers
    Antoine
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Do you have Ice.Warn.Connections=1 set in the server configuration file? If you do, the server should display connection warnings when it ungracefully closes the client connection. These warnings should give more information about the error. The Ice::ConnectionLostException exception in the client could also indicate a server crash. Could this be the reason?

If you still can't figure out why this is happening, you should describe a little more your deployment and provide tracing information of the server and client (by setting the Ice.Trace.Network=2, Ice.Warn.Connections=1 and Ice.Trace.Protocol=1 properties in both the server & client configuration files). Please also specify which Ice version and operating system you're using.

Note that if your server is deployed with IceGrid, you need to specify the properties in the server XML descriptor and update the application with icegridadmin. You can also use the IceGrid administrative GUI to update the server properties.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thank you.
    It works properly.
    I added in the XML File the property and all was allright !
    Cheers
    Antoine