Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

3.3 beta compilation

I'm starting my journey into the 3.3 beta and the mcpp program has be a bit stumped. I downloaded the third party sources, patched the mcpp program and compiled it, and in the end ended up with "mcpp" binary.

But it seems like the cpp directory of the Ice program is looking for an mcpp library to link against:
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/Ice-3.3.0_beta1/work/Ice-3.3b/cpp/src/Slice'
rm -f ../../lib/libSlice.so.3.3b
c++ -shared -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/nptl -fPIC -g -L../../lib -o ../../lib/libSlice.so.3.3b -Wl,-h,libSlice.so.33b Scanner.o Grammar.o Parser.o CPlusPlusUtil.o CsUtil.o JavaUtil.o Preprocessor.o Checksum.o PythonUtil.o DotNetNames.o RubyUtil.o Util.o MD5.o MD5I.o SignalHandler.o -lIceUtil -lmcpp -lpthread -lrt
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lmcpp

I don't see where a libmcpp is being built or installed by the mcpp package in the process though.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,
Caleb

Comments

• I see a configure option now that lets you built mcpp as a library. Problem solved.
  • dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    The README file in the third-party software source package contains instructions for building mcpp as a library, as well as instructions for the other third-party software.

Dwayne