Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

version problem

Hi,
when I update ICE to 3.3 ,I got this problem :
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe C:\Ice-3.3b\bin\ice33bd.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
I delete 3.2 folders directly in c:.
I use the demo,and the problem is the same,where am I going wrong?
thank you .

sober

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    Hi,

Could you please provide a bit more infomation. What OS are you using? Did you compile Ice yourself or are you using our Windows installers? What compiler are you using? What are you doing that causes this error?

Dwayne
  • more detail

Hi,Dwayne
    I use Windows OS and vs2005,the former ice-3.2.1 works well on it ,after I download the Ice-3.3b-VC80.msi ,I install it directly without remove the Ice-3.2.1, then I modify the path and vs invironment to buid my project and it builds well ,but when I run it the problem occurs .

I don't know why ,so I delete the Ice-3.2.1 and reinstall Ice-3.3b-VC80.msi,it still has the problem.

Do I need some change to vs ?
  • dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    The supported compiler for Ice 3.3b is VS2005 SP1. I expect that you might not have the service pack installed. You can download it from here:

Visual Studio 2005 SP1

Dwayne
  • 3x

Hi,

I try to install vs2005 sp1,but failed ,cause it's too heavy . So I try to install vs 2008 and the problem no longer exists!

Thank you very much !

cheers!

sober
  • linux problem

Hi,

Sorry to trouble again , but the problem is hard to handle .

When I try to compile cpp in Linux , I try to make directly and I get the following info :
    c++ -shared -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath,/opt/Ice-3.3b/lib -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/nptl -fPIC -g -L../../lib -o ../../lib/libSlice.so.3.3b -Wl,-h,libSlice.so.33b Scanner.o Grammar.o Parser.o CPlusPlusUtil.o CsUtil.o JavaUtil.o Preprocessor.o Checksum.o PythonUtil.o DotNetNames.o RubyUtil.o Util.o MD5.o MD5I.o SignalHandler.o -lIceUtil -lmcpp -lpthread -lrt
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmcpp
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [../../lib/libSlice.so.3.3b] Error 1

then I download mcpp-2.7 and do it like this : ./configure --enable-replace-cpp && make && make install

then I try to compile ice, the problem still there ,I don't know why ?

What does mcpp for ? I see in Make.rules MCPP_HOME is not used .

Can you help ?

sober
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Please download ThirdParty-Sources-3.3b.tar.gz from our beta download page; the README explains how to build mcpp for Ice.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • 3x

Hi,

Thank you , I make it !

cheers!
    sober
  • sorry

Sorry about this , I am new on Linux , I do it like your words , but there is another problem :

../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:162: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:171: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:174: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
    Client.o: In function `Ice::IconvStringConverter<char>::fromUTF8(unsigned char const*, unsigned char const*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&) const':
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:291: undefined reference to `libiconv'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:335: undefined reference to `libiconv'

I bet some libs must be ignored , so how should I do ?

thank you very much .

sober
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Looks like you need to install iconv.
  • again

Hi,there

I reinstall libiconv(./configure && make && make install) and gettext ,then I reboot the machine ,the problem is still there !

like:

c++ -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath,/opt/Ice-3.3b/lib -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/nptl -fPIC -g -L../../../lib -o client Test.o Client.o -lIce -lIceUtil -L/usr/lib/nptl -lpthread -lrt
    Client.o: In function `Ice::IconvStringConverter<char>::createDescriptors() const':
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:162: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:171: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:174: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
    Client.o: In function `Ice::IconvStringConverter<char>::fromUTF8(unsigned char const*, unsigned char const*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&) const':
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:291: undefined reference to `libiconv'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:335: undefined reference to `libiconv'
    Client.o: In function `Ice::IconvStringConverter<char>::toUTF8(char const*, char const*, Ice::UTF8Buffer&) const':
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:245: undefined reference to `libiconv'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:265: undefined reference to `libiconv'
    Client.o: In function `Ice::IconvStringConverter<char>::close(std::pair<void*, void*>)':
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:227: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:230: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
    Client.o: In function `Ice::IconvStringConverter<wchar_t>::createDescriptors() const':
    Client.o: In function `Ice::IconvStringConverter<wchar_t>::toUTF8(wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, Ice::UTF8Buffer&) const':
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:245: undefined reference to `libiconv'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:265: undefined reference to `libiconv'
    Client.o: In function `Ice::IconvStringConverter<wchar_t>::close(std::pair<void*, void*>)':
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:227: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
    ../../../include/Ice/IconvStringConverter.h:230: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
    Client.o: In function `Ice::IconvStringConverter<wchar_t>::fromUTF8(unsigned char const*, unsigned char const*, std::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >&) const':
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [client] Error 1

can you see it ?

sober
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    I recommend you just skip this test, unless you want to use this iconv-based string-converter in your code.

Ice does not depend on iconv. We provide a template, in Ice/IconvStringConverter.h, that you may (or may not) choose to use. And of course we have a test that verifies this iconv-based string convertion works.

On RHEL and SLES, the iconv functions are part of glibc. If you're using RHEL, maybe you just need to install glibc-headers.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • got it

Hi,

We use FC6 ,I think gcc version or other lib are too old .

I finally modify Makefile to tell the libiconv location and it can compile . In RHEL we can successfully compile it .

thanks all the same.

cheers,
    sober
  • another one

Hi,

Sorry to trouble again , but the problem is always strange .

When compiling 3.3b , I got the following error :
    ../../../config/Make.common.rules:115: Ignoring ICE_HOME environment variable to build current source tree.
    rm -f ../../include/Ice/BuiltinSequences.h BuiltinSequences.cpp
    ../../bin/slice2cpp --ice --include-dir Ice --dll-export ICE_API -I../../../slice --stream ../../../slice/Ice/BuiltinSequences.ice
    slice2cpp: Parser.cpp:5516: int Slice::Unit::parse(const std::string&, FILE*, bool, Slice::FeatureProfile): Assertion `_definitionContextStack.size() == 1' failed.
    make[2]: *** [BuiltinSequences.cpp] Aborted (core dumped)

I can see it ,can you help again ?
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    That is a strange error. Are you using the pre-translated bison and flex files that accompanied the Ice distribution, or did you build your own? To do this you would have had to edit the Makefiles and uncomment the bison and flex rules.