Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Upgrading both IceGrid and IceStorm

I very much appreciate the upgradeicegrid and upgradeicestorm scripts. However, what I'm running is an IceGrid registry that includes an IceStorm server, and I couldn't figure out a way to upgrade both of those things at once.
Both of them want to start from the Ice 3.1.x registry database environment, so it didn't seem to be possible to do them both together.

My ultimate solution last time was to use upgradeicegrid and then delete and recreate the IceStorm server. Is there a better way?

Thanks,

MEF

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    The database environments for the icegridregistry and IceStorm are separate, so you would upgrade one and then the other; the order does not matter.

For example, consider demo/IceStorm/replicated. In this case the registry database is in db/registry. Follow the icegridregistry database upgrade instructions on that.

Next, the IceStorm database(s) lives in db/node/servers/DemoIceStorm*/dbs/IceStorm. You would follow the database upgrade instructions on the databases in these directories. In fact, since they are all replicas in this demo you would only need to upgrade one, and remove the rest.