Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

slice2cpp header renaming with header-ext

I've discovered that using slice2cpp with the --header-ext option also changes the expected extensions of the slice #includes.

For instance, compiling
#include <Ice/Identity.ice>
using an argument like "--header-ext blah" correctly produces a ".blah" file instead of a ".h" file however in the output file itself is
#include <Ice/Identity.blah>
which is obviously not what I want. Is this the intended behaviour of the header-ext option? If it is, is there some way I can reference the standard slice definitions and still use the header-ext option?

Comments

• Hmmm... Tricky. I have to admit that we didn't think of this.

The idea is that --header-ext assumes that all headers have a different extension but, obviously, that doesn't work if you are building against an already-compiled binary installation of Ice.

I'm afraid that there is no easy fix for this--even if you recompile the Ice Slice files with --header-ext, things will still not work, unless you also change all the #include directives in all the Ice source files.

We'll have a look at this to see whether there is anything sensible we can do.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Tim,

This issue was fixed in Ice-3.3.1, take a look to the documentation http://www.zeroc.com/doc/Ice-3.3.1/manual/Cpp.7.15.html if you are still interesting in using this feature.

Regards,
    José