Home Help Center

Ice::Plugin && Ice::LoggerPlugin

AndrewAndrew Member Andrea NicotraOrganization: PersonalProject: Backend for IPTV
hi, I try to make a plugin for send the logs messages to an icestorm service

but when i try to do the checkedCast I receive an exception ( icestorm service is up because is used from other client)

the exception is that:
Ice::Excetpion : Reference.cpp:1585: Ice::NoEndpointException:
no suitable endpoint available for proxy `MyStorm/TopicManager -t @ StormAdapter'
void
IceLoggerPlugin::initialize()
{
        try
        {
                IceStorm::TopicManagerPrx topicManager = IceStorm::TopicManagerPrx::checkedCast(m_com->stringToProxy(props->getProperty("Log.topicManagerPrx") ));
        }
        catch(Ice::Excetpion& ex )
        {
                cout << "  Ice::Excetpion : "<< ex.what()  << endl;
        }

}

Comments

• mesmes CaliforniaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Mark SpruiellOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff
    Hi Andrew,

Your plugin is attempting to use an indirect proxy, which requires that the communicator be configured with a locator. However, Ice does not configure the communicator's default locator until after the plugins are initialized. This is necessary because the locator's proxy might use endpoints that depend on a transport plugin.

You should be able to work around this by manually configuring your proxy with a locator. For example:
    Ice::ObjectPrx obj =
        m_com->stringToProxy(props->getProperty("Ice.Default.Locator"));
    Ice::LocatorPrx locator = Ice::LocatorPrx::checkedCast(obj);
    obj = m_com->stringToProxy(props->getProperty("Log.topicManagerPrx"));
    obj = obj->ice_locator(locator);
    IceStorm::TopicManagerPrx topicManager =
        IceStorm::TopicManagerPrx::checkedCast(obj);

Also note that if your logger uses SSL, you must ensure that the IceSSL plugin is loaded before your logger plugin.

Hope that helps,
    Mark