Home Help Center

IceGridAdmin + cannot reach this node

dmitry.medvedevdmitry.medvedev Member Dmitry N. MedvedevOrganization: PersonalProject: Casual Game Analytics Dashboard ✭✭
Hi,
what problem could cause the "cannot reach this node" message in the IceGrid Admin?

There are two servers: serverA and serverB. I have successfully deployed IceGrid on serverA, but when I tried to move just the same settings to serverB the node seems to be unreachable.

Somewhat confused...

PS: no changes in settings either in *.cfg or *.xml files exist between serverA and serverB grids - I have just copied appropriate configuration and application directories from serverA to serverB.

Dmitry.

Comments

  • bernardbernard Jupiter, FLAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Bernard NormierOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Hi Dmitry,

    It's unlikely you can use exactly the same configuration for both grid deployments.

    In each deployment, your IceGrid node must "point" to its IceGrid registry, using Ice.Default.Locator.

    Best regards,
    Bernard
  • dmitry.medvedevdmitry.medvedev Member Dmitry N. MedvedevOrganization: PersonalProject: Casual Game Analytics Dashboard ✭✭
    bernard wrote: »
    Hi Dmitry,

    It's unlikely you can use exactly the same configuration for both grid deployments.

    In each deployment, your IceGrid node must "point" to its IceGrid registry, using Ice.Default.Locator.

    Best regards,
    Bernard

    Hi, Bernard!
    Actually, only in drive letters do they differ: in serverA I host all these on drive T:\ whereas in serverB - on drive C:\. That are all the differences. I have shut down serverA completely.

    What is curious again is that when I have started grid node not as a windows service, but as outlined in tutorials via a CMD script everything was going just fine.
    Suspect, there's something wrong with windows service instantiation of ice grid... orrrr... I just don't know where to look for...

    Dmitry.
  • bernardbernard Jupiter, FLAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Bernard NormierOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Hi Dmitry,

    Service errors are logged into the Windows Event log.

    My recommendation is to deploy a fresh IceGrid registry and IceGrid node (as Windows services) on serverB, make sure the registry sees the node, and then populate the IceGrid registry using your IceGrid application (.xml) file.

    Best regards,
    Bernard
  • dmitry.medvedevdmitry.medvedev Member Dmitry N. MedvedevOrganization: PersonalProject: Casual Game Analytics Dashboard ✭✭
    bernard wrote: »
    Hi Dmitry,

    Service errors are logged into the Windows Event log.

    My recommendation is to deploy a fresh IceGrid registry and IceGrid node (as Windows services) on serverB, make sure the registry sees the node, and then populate the IceGrid registry using your IceGrid application (.xml) file.

    Best regards,
    Bernard

    Bernard, thank you for your help!
    I have just deployed fresh copy of IceGrid Registry and IceGrid Node. I have all configuration parameters in a single file these two use.

    The Registry has produced the following:
    Db::put: Operation not permitted
    identity: DIAmatixRegistry/InternalRegistry-Master
    facet: 
    operation: registerNode
    [ 10/28/08 21:31:14.796 icegridnode: Replica: failed to establish session with replica `Master':
      Outgoing.cpp:478: Ice::UnknownLocalException:
      unknown local exception:
      MapI.cpp:1211: Freeze::DatabaseException:
      Db::put: Operation not permitted ]
    [ 10/28/08 21:31:16.328 icegridnode: Session: admin session `Dmitry N. Medvedev' keep alive ]
    

    Obviously, something's wrong with it...
  • bernardbernard Jupiter, FLAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Bernard NormierOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Hi Dmitry,

    This shows a problem with your IceGrid registry database, stored in the "IceGrid.Registry.Data" directory.

    It could be that you're out of disk space, or more probably that this directory (or the files in this directory) are not writable by the IceGrid registry service. By default, the registry service runs as Local Service.

    Best regards,
    Bernard
  • dmitry.medvedevdmitry.medvedev Member Dmitry N. MedvedevOrganization: PersonalProject: Casual Game Analytics Dashboard ✭✭
    bernard wrote: »
    Hi Dmitry,

    This shows a problem with your IceGrid registry database, stored in the "IceGrid.Registry.Data" directory.

    It could be that you're out of disk space, or more probably that this directory (or the files in this directory) are not writable by the IceGrid registry service. By default, the registry service runs as Local Service.

    Best regards,
    Bernard

    Bernard,
    I have changed permissions on IceGrid.Registry.Data directory and restarted both services. Now - no errors in configuration were reported. Those errors were obviously due to service permission issue.

    Still, when I try to deploy my application via an xml file I see in the IceGrid Admin GUI that the registry cannot reach this node - the icon of the node has red right side...

    By the way, how do I know whether the registry sees the node?
  • dmitry.medvedevdmitry.medvedev Member Dmitry N. MedvedevOrganization: PersonalProject: Casual Game Analytics Dashboard ✭✭
    Well, it seems I have found the way out: I have specified client endpoints for the registry and node so that they are on different ports: 4061 and 5061.

    Now, all's running.

    Thanks Bernard for help!

    Dmitry.
Sign In or Register to comment.