Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Slow application load and connections

I have been running the a couple of the Ice C# demos (Simple IceGrid and Hello) on my work PC and eveything is very sluggish, i.e. it taks about a minute for the Simple IceGrid client to display the menu.

Initially I thought the IceGrid demo was slow because the default value was used for endpoint definition. However, I changed all endpoints to specify a single IP address of my Microsoft Loopback adaptor, but there was no change.

I then ran the client thru the VS2008 debugger and noticed it was taking ~30secs to load Ice.dll and another ~30sec or so to load the IceGrid.dll.

When I run the same application on my home PC there are no significant delays.

The only difference I have noticed so far, is the appearance of a digital certicate on my work PC when running the hello demo. Which leads me to question if the assemblies are attempting to authenticate themselves across the internet, and failing because I'm running on an isolated network. I also stumbled across the following webpage ( microsoft.public.dotnet.security: RE: Loading times for authenticode signed assemblies with isolated net) that highlights the loading times of authenticode signed assemblies on isolated networks.

Can someone please advise if this could be the problem, and if so, how it can be overcome, i.e. stop the authentication process.

Regards John

Comments