Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Streaming in VoIP application

I am going (to be more extact I have to :) ) implement an VoIP application, using ICE. It should be client-server application, where server is using to register and maintain clients connections, but clients should connect to each other with p2p connection.
I know (more less) how to project all components of this system, except real time streams. Streams should be very fast. I found "Streaming Interface" but isn't it over TCP protocol? VoIP stream should use UDP (some data loss is acceptable until data is random). I also found "Datagram Invocations" which may be helpful: I could create method which as arguments takes timestamp, packet number and data buffor - similar to RTP protocol. The method would be invoked many times every second, I don't know if this method of communication will succeed.

What method from ICE architecture should I use? If there is no such a method I can open stream connection manually and use ICE only to controll connection parameters.

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

I'm not sure which streaming interface you're referring to. But yes, the best is to design your own Slice interface and use datagram invocations (udp) to transmit the voice data, this should work fine.

Cheers,
    Benoit.