Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

PatcherFeedback in Python

Is there a PatcherFeedback like class to descend from in python to create an Icepatch client?

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Sorry, no. However, it wouldn't be very difficult to port the existing code from the C++ IcePatch client.
  • Ok. I've started translating it, but I can't seem to find the class for Patcher.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Sorry, what are you looking for precisely?
  • Creating a client patcher application in python.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Yes, if you want a pure IcePatch2 client python implementation you'll need to port the Patcher class (implemented in src/IcePatch2/ClientUtil.cpp) to python which is probably not so trivial but certainly doable :).

Another option would be to somehow re-use the C++ IcePatch2::Patcher class from your python application. There's several options to do this, here's two of them:
    • Use the python C/API to call the C++ code directly from python
    • Write a small C++ client process that wraps the C++ IcePatch2::Patcher class with a Slice interface, spawn this process from your python code and communicate from Python with the C++ process using the Slice wrapper interface.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Ok. I must ask though, where do i find this src folder with ClientUtil.cpp? I've searched my entire ice and boost directories and so far, it has turned up empty.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    In the Ice source distribution cpp/src/IcePatch2/ClientUtil.cpp.
  • oh...yea...that would make sense....ok. I'll try to take it from there again.