Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

about slice2freeze

hi dears
I am an Ice beginner and learning Freeze Map , working it in Ice3.3.0 WinXP and VC90. I got a problem when I tried to execute cmd as follows:

slice2freeze -I$(ICE_HOME)/slice/ --dict IdentityNodeMap,Ice::Identity,Filesystem::PersistentNode IdentityNodeMap Filesystem.ice $(ICE_HOME)/slice/Ice/Identity.ice

slice2freeze warned that "cannot open ‘$(ICE_HOME)/slice/Ice/Identity.ice’for reading"

Then I moved Identity.ice to current dir and tried to change “$(ICE_HOME)/slice/Ice/Identity.ice” to "Identity.ice", this time Slice2freeze warned that "'Ice' prefix is reserved" (which is in Identity.ice)

So I got dead corner and turn to your generous help, thank you in advance

Comments

• P.S what if adding the "--ice" parameter ,that would work but will it be alright when compiling the project ?
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    hi dears
    I am an Ice beginner and learning Freeze Map , working it in Ice3.3.0 WinXP and VC90. I got a problem when I tried to execute cmd as follows:

slice2freeze -I$(ICE_HOME)/slice/ --dict IdentityNodeMap,Ice::Identity,Filesystem::Persiste ntNode IdentityNodeMap Filesystem.ice $(ICE_HOME)/slice/Ice/Identity.ice

slice2freeze warned that "cannot open ‘$(ICE_HOME)/slice/Ice/Identity.ice’for reading"

There is no need to copy Identity.ice. Your problem is that ICE_HOME is not correctly defined in your build file, and therefore the the slice file cannot be located. Adding something like this to your Makefile

ICE_HOME = c:\Ice-3.3.0

should fix the issue.
    Then I moved Identity.ice to current dir and tried to change
    “$(ICE_HOME)/slice/Ice/Identity.ice” to "Identity.ice", this time Slice2freeze warned that "'Ice' prefix is reserved" (which is in Identity.ice)

So I got dead corner and turn to your generous help, thank you in advance

That there is no need to run slice2freeze on Identity.ice itself. This, then also gets rid of the reported error. That is your slice2freeze command should be something like:
    slice2freeze -I$(ICE_HOME)/slice/ --dict IdentityNodeMap,Ice::Identity,Filesystem::PersistentNode IdentityNodeMap Filesystem.ice