Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ice.slice definition problem

Trying to configure ICE for PHP:

I was configuring ICE according to README provided in application folder. Up to point 6 (including) it was all sucessfull.

But Im having troubles to define ice.slice as descrived in point 8

Preconditions:
- All file locations are public with rights
- Latest XAMPP distibution (as of 27th May 09)

What happens:
1)
Defining: ice.slice = "C:/Users/Marek Nos/Documents/ICE/demophp/Ice/hello/Hello.ice"
Error in php error log: [27-May-2009 13:34:50] PHP Fatal error: Unable to start ice module in Unknown on line 0

2)
Defining: ice.slice = C:/Users/Marek Nos/Documents/ICE/demophp/Ice/hello/Hello.ice
Error in php error log: [27-May-2009 13:38:55] PHP Fatal error: Unable to start ice module in Unknown on line 0

>>>>> From this I suppose there is bad handling of spaces in path regardless of quotes.

3)
Defining: ice.slice="C:/Users/Public/Hello.ice"
Crashes apache and error in event log: Faulting application apache.exe, version 2.2.11.0, time stamp 0x493f5d44, faulting module slice33.dll, version 3.3.1.0, time stamp 0x49c4008c, exception code 0xc00000fd, fault offset 0x000c9cf7, process id 0x5c4, application start time 0x01c9dec08608a390.

while loading my custom one..

4) Defining: ice.slice="C:/Users/Public/ccscrypto.ice"
No error

>>>>> So I suppose there is an error in Hello.ice example.

Having those two errors all together made my brain hurt for many hours to realize whats wrong. :(

Anyway I was able to start apache. I will try to play with it if there are any further issues.

If you need to investigate the second (crash) error, let me know what should I provide you.