Home Bug Reports

Ice VS Extension doesn't support "--output-dir" option

allroallro Member Alex LeidermanOrganization: Cell2BetProject: Management Server
Hi,

The error I've got looks like:

[HTML]cmd.exe /c ""C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin\slice2cpp.exe" --depend -I"C:\Ice-3.3.1\slice" -I"..\..\Slice" --output-dir ICE/Generated "d:\_Work\C2B_Projects\MGS\Slice\Billing.ice""
cmd.exe /c ""C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin\slice2cpp.exe" -I"C:\Ice-3.3.1\slice" -I"..\..\Slice" --output-dir ICE/Generated --output-dir "D:\_Work\C2B_Projects\MGS\CreditBillingService\BillingService" "d:\_Work\C2B_Projects\MGS\Slice\Billing.ice""
C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin\slice2cpp.exe: `--output-dir:' option cannot be repeated[/HTML]

Please help.

Comments

• matthewmatthew NL, CanadaMember Matthew NewhookOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine ✭✭✭
    Yes, at present that isn't possible. What is your use case here?
  • allroallro Member Alex LeidermanOrganization: Cell2BetProject: Management Server
    Hi Matthew,

I used to separate generated skeletons and implementation. It's useful for filtering temporary files by a source control as well.

I have number of C++ projects (where slice-s treated via custom build steps) and C# projects (where slices treated via tweaking project file) and VS Extension looks like an excellent and generic solution. Unfortunately without "--output-dir" option the extension is not so attractive as it could be, at least for existing projects.

Is it planned to support this feature in the near future?
  • dwaynedwayne St. John's, NewfoundlandMember Dwayne BooneOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine
    Thanks for the feedback. We will look into changing this for the next release of the VS plugin. As of now there is no planned date for the next release.
  • xdmxdm La Coruña, SpainAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Jose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff
    Hi Alex
    Is it planned to support this feature in the near future?

The latest Add-In update has support for set the output directory, see the announcement here