Home Help Center

can I use stream to marshall objects without a communicator

kinsungkinsung Member kinsungOrganization: AF Engineering UniversityProject: simulation applications remote controler, data dri
Can I use stream to marshall objects without a communicator?
I do not like to create a communicator, because I use stream to marshall objects only.

Comments

• dwaynedwayne St. John's, NewfoundlandMember Dwayne BooneOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine
    No, it is not possible to use the stream interfaces without a communicator.
  • kinsungkinsung Member kinsungOrganization: AF Engineering UniversityProject: simulation applications remote controler, data dri
    Thank you!
    Another question:
    Can I create several communicators without network support?
  • dwaynedwayne St. John's, NewfoundlandMember Dwayne BooneOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine
    Just creating a communicator should not cause any network activity/access. That should only occur if you create an object adapter or use a proxy. If you plan to create the communicator only to use the stream interface I am not sure why you would need to create several though.
  • kinsungkinsung Member kinsungOrganization: AF Engineering UniversityProject: simulation applications remote controler, data dri
    Thank you, I got it.:)
    It's possible to create several communicators when using multi-language or inter-language at one machine node.
  • matthewmatthew NL, CanadaMember Matthew NewhookOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine ✭✭✭
    Communicators, even in the same process, are independent objects and there is no limit (other than operating system resources) to the number of communicators you can create (in a single process, or on the machine).
    Thank you! This Problem is solved perfectly.