2 grids, 1 IceStorm

die_gestaltdie_gestalt Hanz FünzingerOrganization: self-employedProject: Various projects, trying to learn IceMember
Hi all,

I've done the following test.
  • One machine with IceGrid an IceStorm in replica mode and once ice server S => Machine A
  • One machine with IceGrid and one server R => Machine B

We want S and R to be able to broadcast and listen to the same IceStorm "message_me" method.

Server R subscribes to the IceStorm of Machine A. This requires doing a set_locator on the proxy of the topicmanager otherwise it cannot find IceStorm.

This done, when Server R messages IceStorm, S gets the message.

However when S sends a message, R cannot receive it, as IceStorm cannot locate R (no object adapter with id 'R' registered).

I think the problem is that IceStorm only looks for servers on its current locator.

Is it possible to "share" one IceStorm with two different grids?

Comments

• benoitbenoit Rennes, FranceBenoit FoucherOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: IceAdministrators, ZeroC Staff ZeroC Staff
    Hi,

No, there's no way to tell IceStorm to use a given Ice locator for one subscriber and another locator for another subscriber. Why don't you just use a single IceGrid registry here?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • die_gestaltdie_gestalt Hanz FünzingerOrganization: self-employedProject: Various projects, trying to learn IceMember
    Thanks for the answer Benoît. There's no real intent behind the configuration I'm just hacking around to see if it's possible to use IceStorm as a transgrid communication bus.