Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Has anyone been able to install Ice-E 3.6.1 by source code?

In Centos,I try to compile Ice-E 3.6.1 source code and then,install Ice-E 3.6.1.But it's failed when compiling because of errors.
First,I find the ice directory is empty.I copy ice(download) into this directory.I don't know if it's okay.Then.when i use "make" command,there are errors as follows:

Linking slice2cpp
cpp/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libSlice.a(Preprocessor.o): In function `Slice::Preprocessor::preprocess(bool, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)':
/home/tom/Desktop/icee/ice/cpp/src/Slice/Preprocessor.cpp:196: undefined reference to `mcpp_use_mem_buffers'
/home/tom/Desktop/icee/ice/cpp/src/Slice/Preprocessor.cpp:197: undefined reference to `mcpp_lib_main'
/home/tom/Desktop/icee/ice/cpp/src/Slice/Preprocessor.cpp:203: undefined reference to `mcpp_get_mem_buffer'
/home/tom/Desktop/icee/ice/cpp/src/Slice/Preprocessor.cpp:226: undefined reference to `mcpp_get_mem_buffer'
/home/tom/Desktop/icee/ice/cpp/src/Slice/Preprocessor.cpp:283: undefined reference to `mcpp_use_mem_buffers'

I think it's something wrong with mcpp.But I've already installed mcpp-2.7.2.I don't know why.So,i hope you can help me.if possible,send me email.
My email address is wtomjohnson@hotmail.com. And private message in this website is also okay.T
hanks very much.

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Tom,

mcpp is included as a submodule of icee repository and build as part of the IceE build, maybe you didn't initialize this submodule and mcpp isn't being build.

The following commands shows how to correctly clone and initialize the icee repository 3.6 branch
    git clone -b 3.6 https://github.com/zeroc-ice/icee.git
    git submodule init
    git submodule update

If you want detailed build output set the verbosity level to 1
    make V=1

If that doesn't solve the problem can you clarify what Centos version are you using and what build configuration you have set.

Regards,
    José
  • Thank you very much, xdm.The error has been resolved.But then , there is another error as follows:

Compiling BuiltinSequences.ice -> Ice_BuiltinSequences_ice.py
    /bin/sh: 1: slice2py: not found
    make: *** [python/python2.7/Ice_BuiltinSequences_ice.py] Error 127

so,I go to compile ice-python and install it.But in ICE_HOME/bin,I still not find the slice2py,however I think I've installed ice-python successfully.I don't know why there is no slice2py.I hope you can help me.Thank you very much.
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Tom,

slice2py is now distributed as part of ZeroC Ice pip package, you can install it using the following command:
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Source Code Pro]pip install zeroc-ice[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Thank you very much,xdm.You really help me install the ice-E 3.6.1.There is no problems anymore.Without you,I really cannot install it.Thank you very much!