Error using latest Ice Builder and VS2015.1

cepsteincepstein Caleb EpsteinOrganization: Volant TradingProject: Options Trading SystemMember
It appears that the Ice Builder for Visual Studio was updated on Friday 2016-02-26. Starting today we are seeing this error when building C# projects with Ice Builder:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000FFFF): Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcept ionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ErrorHandler.ThrowOnFailure (Int32 hr, Int32[] expectedHRFailure)
at IceBuilder.ProjectUtil.GetProjecTypeGuid(IVsProjec t project) in C:\Users\pepe\Documents\ZeroC\ice-builder-visualstudio\IceBuilder\ProjectUtil.cs:line 30
at IceBuilder.DTEUtil.IsCppProject(IVsProject project) in C:\Users\pepe\Documents\ZeroC\ice-builder-visualstudio\IceBuilder\DTEUtil.cs:line 155
at IceBuilder.DTEUtil.IsIceBuilderEnabled(IVsProject project) in C:\Users\pepe\Documents\ZeroC\ice-builder-visualstudio\IceBuilder\DTEUtil.cs:line 166
at IceBuilder.Package.BuildEvents_OnBuildBegin(vsBuil dScope scope, vsBuildAction action) in C:\Users\pepe\Documents\ZeroC\ice-builder-visualstudio\IceBuilder\Package.cs:line 7151>
Build started: Project: X.NET, Configuration: Debug Any CPU

Any thoughts?

Ice 3.6.1
Visual Studio 2015 Update 1
Ice Builder

Comments

• xdmxdm La Coruña, SpainJose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice DeveloperAdministrators, ZeroC Staff ZeroC Staff
    Hi Caleb,

The failure occurs while trying to retrieve the project type GUID, can you try with this update https://github.com/zeroc-ice/ice-builder-visualstudio/releases/tag/v4.2.2-pre

You will need to uninstall Ice Builder from Visual Studio and then install IceBuilder.vsix from the above page.

I will publish the update once you confirm that it fixes the issue.
  • cepsteincepstein Caleb EpsteinOrganization: Volant TradingProject: Options Trading SystemMember
    No dice :( We get almost the same exception, though the stack trace is ever so slightly different at the bottom. See attached.
  • xdmxdm La Coruña, SpainJose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice DeveloperAdministrators, ZeroC Staff ZeroC Staff
    Sorry I uploaded the wrong .vsix build, can you try again I uploaded a new file to same location https://github.com/zeroc-ice/ice-builder-visualstudio/releases/tag/v4.2.2-pre

Also I'm a bit surprised with the exception, can you clarify what project types are used in your solution?
  • cepsteincepstein Caleb EpsteinOrganization: Volant TradingProject: Options Trading SystemMember
    This fixes it. Thanks!
    Hi,

I'm glad it worked, can you clarify what project types are part of your solution, I'm trying to determine if there is additional fixes required.

Best Regards,

Jose
    Not sure precisely what you're asking. We build DLLs and EXEs from C# (some generated-from-Slice) code. Is this enough info?
    We have released version v4.2.2 that include this fix and a fixes a few other issues, the new version is already available in the Visual Studio Extension Gallery.

Thanks for reporting the issue.