Home Help Center

Python loadSlice import module issue

spsonispsoni Member Sury P SoniOrganization: Next DigitalProject: Unified Messaging Plattform for Inhouse Products ✭✭
Hi,

I am using python loadSlice function to import different slice definition in different python modules.

Somehow, in one of the module, I am able to get the checkedCast proxy object from other module, but I cannot access interface functions through proxy object.

I am getting following error:
AttributeError: 'DBNodePrx' object has no attribute 'put'

Where DBNode is interface and put is the interface operation.

Whereas, just before put operation on that proxy object, if I print that object, i can see proper proxy string.

I suspect, I am encountering problem similar to:

http://www.zeroc.com/doc/Ice-3.3.1/manual/Python.23.15.html#82679

But, this is still strange, if I am able to return proper proxy, why not the attributes?

Please advice.

Comments

• mesmes CaliforniaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Mark SpruiellOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff
    Hi,

It would be much easier for us to investigate this issue if you could provide a small example that demonstrates the problem.

Regards,
    Mark
  • spsonispsoni Member Sury P SoniOrganization: Next DigitalProject: Unified Messaging Plattform for Inhouse Products ✭✭
    In the attached example.

If you execute each python source (mod1.py, mod2.py and test.py). You will see different results.

Ideally, I would like loadSlice to update the module, rather than overwrite the module (Demo, in the attached example).

I hope, with attached example, I express my doubts clearly.

As, my application is growing and I use same module name in different slice definitions and when I loadSlice from different modules, I actually overstep and get undesirable results as expressed through attached example.

Please suggest work around this problem.

Let me know, if you need further information.

Cheers.

Surya
  • mesmes CaliforniaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Mark SpruiellOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff
    Hi,

I ran your examples on RHEL5 with Python 2.4.3 and I got the results that I expected. Can you explain in more detail what you think is wrong here?

Also, please provide the versions of your operating system, Ice, and python.

Thanks,
    Mark