Qt and ICE compilation

jcsoliveirajcsoliveira Member Joao OliveiraOrganization: Integraland ConsultingProject: Coastal Surveillance

Hello all

I am running ICE with QT using CENTOS and c++ environment, but I'm having a problem with compilation because QT requires cpp11 but ICE running environment was not compiled with cpp11. How can I overcome this?

If I need to recompile ICE with cpp11 how can I do that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

best regards
João

Comments

• jcsoliveirajcsoliveira Member Joao OliveiraOrganization: Integraland ConsultingProject: Coastal Surveillance

By the way, my ICE version is 3.6.2.

• xdmxdm ZeroC Staff La Coruña, SpainAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Jose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff

Hi Joao,

What Centos version are you using? Our rhel7 packages include both C++98 and C++11 builds.

See Setting up your Linux environment to use Ice.

If you need to build Ice yourself you must set CPP11=yes in cpp/config/Make.rules.

You should upgrade to 3.6.3.

Regards,
    José

• jcsoliveirajcsoliveira Member Joao OliveiraOrganization: Integraland ConsultingProject: Coastal Surveillance

I am using Centos7

thank you José, It seams that the best way is realy to upgrade to 3.6.3
    best regards,
    João

• xdmxdm ZeroC Staff La Coruña, SpainAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Jose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff

This is the same with 3.6.2 and 3.6.3 the key point is to link with libraries in /usr/lib/c++11 or /usr/lib64/c++11 for 32 and 64 bits builds respectively as described in the Setting up your Linux environment to use Ice. I just mentioned the 3.6.3 upgrade because it includes numerous bug fixes and is binary compatible with 3.6.2.