Installing slice2js gives errors.

lovemehtalovemehta Member Love MehtaOrganization: RobocompProject: Robocomp uses ice as its communication middleware

I am running ubuntu 16.04.2 and trying to install slice2js. I am getting the attached log and the following error:

Best Answer

• joegeorgejoegeorge Jupiter, FloridaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Joe GeorgeOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Accepted Answer

If you're using Option 1 from here then you should not use sudo with npm after fixing your permissions.

Answers

• xdmxdm La Coruña, SpainAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Jose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff
    edited July 7

seems a permission issue what is the output of

ls -liha /usr/local/lib/node_modules/slice2js

Check here for how to fix your npm permissions

• lovemehtalovemehta Member Love MehtaOrganization: RobocompProject: Robocomp uses ice as its communication middleware

Hello, this is the output
    ls: cannot access '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/slice2js': No such file or directory

• lovemehtalovemehta Member Love MehtaOrganization: RobocompProject: Robocomp uses ice as its communication middleware

ok sir i followed the instructions on the link. It still gives the same error and i have attached the new logfile.

• joegeorgejoegeorge Jupiter, FloridaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Joe GeorgeOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Accepted Answer

If you're using Option 1 from here then you should not use sudo with npm after fixing your permissions.