a problem about compiling ice 3.7 source code with vs2010

senses1senses1 Member boyue TanOrganization: PersonalProject: Interface of Server

I downloaded the source code ice 3.7 master branch from github.
but when i compile the cpp source
code, it comes error like couldnot open file 'Ice/Communicator.h'

i can't find the file of 'communicator.h' under cpp\include\Ice folder .

the file does not exist in github folder either.

Comments

• xdmxdm ZeroC Staff La Coruña, SpainAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Jose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff

Hi,

That file is generated during build, seems you didn't install Ice Builder for Visual Studio 2010, you need that extension to build Ice. It is available at Visual Studio Marketplace

• senses1senses1 Member boyue TanOrganization: PersonalProject: Interface of Server

OK, thX for Ur Help,@xdm.
    I solve it,but I found the source code has a problem in the ice.v100.sln file
    the 2nd line is
    "Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 12.00"
    which should be
    "Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 11.00"
    , otherwise the sln file would not be opened in vs2010.
    Then before compile the code, there are 2 extensions must installed, NuGet Package Manager and IceBuilder.
    Nuget Url:visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/27077b70-9dad-4c64-adcf-c7cf6bc9970c

• xdmxdm ZeroC Staff La Coruña, SpainAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Jose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff

Hi,
    I'm glad you get it to work, I have should mention that the build process is documented in https://github.com/zeroc-ice/ice/blob/master/cpp/BuildInstructionsWindows.md

It you follow the instructions the required NuGet packages are automatically installed and it also mentions that Ice Builder is a prerequisite.

• senses1senses1 Member boyue TanOrganization: PersonalProject: Interface of Server

Thx again!