Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Xcode Plugin for Xcode 3.2?

is an update for the Xcode plugin planned? If not, i have switch to the manual build method for my app ;)

Thanks

Uwe

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I haven't had a chance to look into the new version of Xcode, so I'm not sure what is required to get the plugin working again. What type of application are you building? An Ice Touch application? Or an Ice App?
  • An Ice Touch App

and i have already used a build process with an prebuild script for generating the files from the slice definitions ;).

So, no real problem here.

Thanks

Uwe
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I'll look into soon to find out what is necessary to get things going again. I'll report back here.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I tested IceTouch 1.0 with Snow Leopard and Xcode 3.2 today and other than an annoying warning issued by IceTouch macos binaries I didn't encounter any issues. Can you please detail which problems you've encountered?
  • My problems with the Xcode plugin

I am currently building an IceTouch Application. With XCode 3.1 the plugin worked as expected:

the *.ice files were correctly recognized, the syntax highlighting worked and the slice2objc was called.

Now the syntax highlighting doesn't work and the project compiles only, when i am manually calling slice2objc and adding the resulting *.m and *.h. Thats no

The Project-Format was upgraded to 3.2.

Did i have to make some additional settings?

Thanks

Uwe
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    What is the file type of the slice file? It must be correct "sourcecode.slice". Did you re-install the plug-in after upgrading? Perhaps installing Xcode 3.2 trashed the plugins? I tried building the demos that come with the IceTouch distribution, and they built with no issues. You should also check the console, since Xcode emits lots of diagnostic information to the console logs.
  • Reinstall fixed it

Hi Matthew,

a complete reinstall of XCode and the plugin fixed my issues (the install before was an upgrade from the beta version).

Thanks for your help ;)

Uwe
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Excellent! Glad to hear it.