Alias name for dynamic created servers
I wonder if there is any Ice service for translating the server tuple (host, port) into a name "randomServerName", being this servers created dynamically and each server serving just one client.
In order to explain better what I need I will explain how an iteration of my program works:
- User starts server on my webpage.
- Ice server starts with a host and a port.
- Webpage returns IP and port of the Ice Server created.
- User connects its robot to the given IP and port.
- When the connection ends the server is shutdown.
What I want to achieve is to alias host and port binding them to a name, I want to get something similar to topicNames in IceStorm, in which the client connects to a central manager knowing its host and port and then use a name to identify which server to communicate with but with no need to know the host and port of the latests.
I thought on using IceGrid as a DNS for this purpose but after playing with the IceGrid demos I think it cannot fit for this task because of the following:
- Can I decide the DNS name of the server on the startup of the server rather than on the application.xml file?
- Can I IceGrid wait for a server to request to be registered in the DNS?
I don't know if this can be achieved with IceGrid or its there's a better way to solve this.
Thank you for your answers.