Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Python + ICE Unexpected Exit

Alright well I have ICE setup to the best of my knowledge however in this sample code...
#!/usr/bin/env python

import Ice
print "Hello World!"

It doesn't even get to the Hello World! It just exits right before it and doesn't display anything. I have stepped through the whole process of what happens when it imports and I believe the culprit is...
    LocatorRegistry._op_setAdapterDirectProxy = IcePy.Operation('setAdapterDirectProxy', Ice.OperationMode.Idempotent, Ice.OperationMode.Idempotent, True, (), (((), IcePy._t_string), ((), IcePy._t_ObjectPrx)), (), None, (_M_Ice._t_AdapterNotFoundException, _M_Ice._t_AdapterAlreadyActiveException))

Found in "Ice_Locator_ice.py", It doesn't even go to the line right after this, it just stops her. I have also tried stepping into this to see what else it does. But it just stops the program with no Errors.

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

It is really important when you ask for help that you describe your environment. In this case, we need to know:
    • Operating system version
    • Ice version
    • Python version
    From your other posts I can infer that you're using some version of Windows, and the VC9 installer (for Ice 3.3.1?). Be aware that the Python extension included in the VC9 installer was built against the Python 2.6 binary distribution for Windows from python.org.

Regards,
    Mark
  • I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3, with Python 2.6.2.2 and ICE 3.3.1.
  • mes
    mes California
    I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. I just installed Ice 3.3.1 (VC9) and Python 2.6.2 in a clean Windows XP SP3 virtual machine and ran the following commands:
    > PATH=C:\Ice-3.3.1-VC90\bin;C:\Python26;%PATH%
    > set PYTHONPATH=C:\Ice-3.3.1-VC90\python
    > python
    Python 2.6.2 (r262:71605, Apr 14 2009, 22:40:02)
    >>> import Ice
    >>> print "Hello"
    Hello
    >>> ^Z

As you can see, the Python extension loaded successfully.

Is there anything unusual about your environment?

Regards,
    Mark