Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Visual Studio Plugin - Directing slice output files

Hi there,

I am using Visual Studio 2008 with the Ice plugin installed and working properly. I'm wondering how I can direct the output of the slice compiler. As it is, when I compile the .ice files they are placed in the same directory as the .sln (Visual Studio Solution) file.

I see that the plugin allows me to supply extra compiler options so I tried supplying --output-dir only to get an error saying "option cannot be repeated." I assume this means that the VS plugin simply wraps the compiler and is already setting this option behind the scenes.

Ideally I would be able to configure the .h files to go into an include directory and the .cpp files to go into a separate directory. I know that using --output-dir wont get me there as it redirects both files to the same place but If no other alternative exists, getting that working would still be a welcome step in the right direction.

Thanks,
Nick Fellows

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Nick

Currently is not possible to redirec .h .cpp files to other directories, Visual Studio Plugin set --output-dir to the project directory behind the scene, and there is not way to disable it. We will look into improve this for the next release of the plug-in.

Bests,
    José