Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IIS and Ice

I am trying to load ICE on a Windows Server 2003 machine and am having an issue that maybe someone can help me with.

PHP ver. 5.2.8
IIS ver. 6.0
ICE ver. 3.3.1

I added "extension=php_ice.dll" to php.ini and it loads ok as confirmed in my phpinfo. But when I add "ice.slice=C:\PHP5\Murmur.ice" to the php.ini it stops my website from loading. As a matter of fact it stops any site on the server to stop loading, it gives "Service Unavailable" for any site on there....

Anyone have any ideas???

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

I'm pretty sure this is caused by the same problem that affects Apache: a default stack size that is too small. It doesn't become a problem until you configure Ice to load a Slice file, in which case our preprocessing step apparently consumes too much stack space and causes the web server to fail.

The README.txt file that is included with the Ice installer for VC6 describes how to correct the problem for Apache (by manipulating the executable itself). Unfortunately, this is much more difficult to do for IIS because the executables are monitored by the Windows File Protection facility, so you would have to find some way to work around that.

If it's any consolation, the next Ice release should remedy this situation.

Regards,
    Mark
  • Thanks Mark, When is the new version of ice due?
  • mes
    mes California
    We haven't announced a release date yet.

Regards,
    Mark