Client termination detection

KeithPKeithP Member Keith PalihakkaraOrganization: Winton Capital ManagementProject: Trading System
Hello,

If I have a client that creates and maintains sessions to a server, when I kill the client, i.e. via task manager, I would like the server to be able to detect that the client is no longer running. I could explicitly perform a callback to the client but I wondered if there's any message that the server receives when a client disappears (when the client is using the server via a session).

Thanks,
Keith

Comments

• matthewmatthew NL, CanadaMember Matthew NewhookOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine ✭✭✭
    What type of session? Do you mean Glacier2 here?
  • KeithPKeithP Member Keith PalihakkaraOrganization: Winton Capital ManagementProject: Trading System
    I have no glacier2 configuration. My client code creates a session via the Ice Grid registry proxy. In a seperate thread it then calls keepAlive as required.
    Therefore, I'll receive exceptions if the server fails, but I also want the reverse to be true, such that if the client fails, the server is informed such that it can stop processing.

Thanks,
    Keith