Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Compile Error on Solaris 10

Hello,
Our project uses Ice in the backend. Currently we are using the Ice 3.3.1 , but the code does not compile in Solaris 10 with Sun Studio Compilers and exits.
Here are the details:
The error message by cmake:
"../../include/Ice/ProxyHandle.h", line 98: Error: Could not find a match for IceInternal::uncheckedCastImpl<IceInternal::P>(const IceInternal::ProxyHandle<IceProxy::IceStorm::Topic>) needed in IceInternal::uncheckedCastHelper<IceProxy::IceStorm::TopicInternal, IceProxy::IceStorm::Topic>(const IceInternal::ProxyHandle<IceProxy::IceStorm::Topic>&, void*).
"../../include/Ice/ProxyHandle.h", line 288:     Where: While instantiating "IceInternal::uncheckedCastHelper<IceProxy::IceStorm::TopicInternal, IceProxy::IceStorm::Topic>(const IceInternal::ProxyHandle<IceProxy::IceStorm::Topic>&, void*)".
"../../include/Ice/ProxyHandle.h", line 288:     Where: Instantiated from static IceInternal::ProxyHandle<IceProxy::IceStorm::TopicInternal>::uncheckedCast<IceProxy::IceStorm::Topic>(const IceInternal::ProxyHandle<IceProxy::IceStorm::Topic>&).
"TopicI.cpp", line 852:     Where: Instantiated from non-template code.
1 Error(s) detected.
gmake[5]: *** [TopicI.o] Error 1
gmake[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/souvik/blackray-thirdparty/unpacked/Ice-3.3.1/cpp/src/IceStorm'
gmake[4]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/souvik/blackray-thirdparty/unpacked/Ice-3.3.1/cpp/src'
gmake[3]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/souvik/blackray-thirdparty/unpacked/Ice-3.3.1/cpp'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build/opt/blackray/thirdparty/lib/amd64/libIce.so'

cc Version: Sun C 5.10 SunOS_i386 Patch 142363-02 2009/09/21

Are there any other patches to be installed to fix the error?

Regards
Souvik

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hello Souvik,

Which version of the Sun C++ compiler (CC) are you using? The version of the C compiler doesn't matter.

If you are not using the version we support (see http://www.zeroc.com/platforms_3_3_1.html), you should consider upgrading.

Best regards,
    Bernard
  • Hi Bernard,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm using the same CC version too. We are also compiling against stlport instead of Cstd. Do let me know if you need additional info.

Regards
    Souvik
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hello Souvik,

It's not clear from your post which version of CC you use. Is it the version we support, CC 5.9?

We only support the default standard library with this compiler. Do you have any problem if you build Ice 3.3.1 with CC 5.9 and libCstd?

Best regards,
    Bernard
  • Hi again,
    No , we are using a newer version, CC 5.10 . We have also tried compiling against -CStd , but still no luck. Its the same error , as I had posted initially. Does ICE Support 5.10 yet (SUN Studio 12 Update 1) ?

Thanks
    Souvik
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Souvik,

The complete list of supported platforms and compilers is at http://www.zeroc.com/platforms_3_3_1.html.

I looked more closely into this build failure, and unfortunately it looks like a regression in this new version of the Sun compiler. We will probably include a work-around in the upcoming 3.4 release. Please contact info@zeroc.com if you can't wait and need a patch sooner.

Best regards,
    Bernard