Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Ice_loadProfile() in ....

Hello,

I'm running CentOS 5.4 and PHP 5.1.6. I've installed Ice 3.4b through the yum repository. I'm trying to get an admin panel for my Mumble server. The directory is /home/murmur. When I do php -m, ice is running. In /etc/php.d/ice.ini I have:

extension=IcePHP.so
ice.slice = /home/murmur/Murmur.ice

I'm getting this error:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Ice_loadProfile() in /home/.sites/_default/web/mumble/classes/ServerInterface.php on line 48

I've searched it everywhere and the only thing I come across is people saying "the ice extension isn't loaded." My Ice extension is loaded and running. Everything looks to be correct but obviously isn't.

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum.

The Ice extension for PHP underwent significant changes in 3.4 and is not backward-compatible with Ice 3.3. There's a section in the 3.4 release notes that explains these changes.

If you're a Mumble user and not a Mumble developer, you'll need to install Ice 3.3.1.

Regards,
    Mark
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Can I use the yum rhel5.1 repository to install Ice 3.3.1 to my CentOS 5.4 server? While I am proficient in linux, I still like to get things done the easiest way possible ;)

Edit: Well I guess I answered my own question. I installed 3.3.1 and my MumPi admin page is up and working :D

Thank you so much!