Eclipse plug-in 3.4.0 question

danleepwdanleepw Member Dan LeeOrganization: RumyourProject: Financial computing engine
Hi,

I am trying to use Ice Eclipse plug-in 3.4.0. Everything is working fine with single slice file (Test.ice). However, when I try to create another slice file (abc.ice) to #include the previous one, an error come out from abc.ice:

Description Resource Path Location Type
error: Can't open include file "Test.ice" #include <Test.ice>

Above Test.ice and abc.ice are in "slice" folder.

in abc.ice, I type:

#include <Test.ice>

So, is there any problem in my slice files? or do I need to change any configuration for the eclipse plug-in ??

Comments

• benoitbenoit Rennes, FranceAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Benoit FoucherOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Hi,

Yes, in the Slice2Java properties of your project, in the "Options" tab, you need to add a "Location of Include Files" directory: the directory where the file to include is located.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • danleepwdanleepw Member Dan LeeOrganization: RumyourProject: Financial computing engine
    But both of them are already in the "slice" folder (location of slice source file), we still need to add that folder in "location of Include Files"??
  • benoitbenoit Rennes, FranceAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Benoit FoucherOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Right, you still need to add this directory. The slice2java only searches in directories specified in this list for included files.

Cheers,
    Benoit.