Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

NullPointerException Outgoing.java:147

Hello,

I receive following exception on the client side:
Ice.UnknownException
    unknown = "java.lang.NullPointerException
               "
        at IceInternal.Outgoing.invoke(Outgoing.java:147)
        at pl.posterus.posso.interfacesice._EmailAddressChangeRequestIceDelM.isValid(_EmailAddressChangeRequestIceDelM.java:219)
        at pl.posterus.posso.interfacesice.EmailAddressChangeRequestIcePrxHelper.isValid(EmailAddressChangeRequestIcePrxHelper.java:259)
        at pl.posterus.posso.interfacesice.EmailAddressChangeRequestIcePrxHelper.isValid(EmailAddressChangeRequestIcePrxHelper.java:233)
        at pl.posterus.posso.client.core.impl.EmailAddressChangeRequestIceImpl.isValid(EmailAddressChangeRequestIceImpl.java:101)

Could anyone just give me a little hint of possible areas to investigate for reason of such exception? This is the situation where code worked but suddenly stopped working (you know what I mean).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Marcin

Ice version: 3.3.1
Language: Java

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

The NullPointerException occurred in the server, most likely in your servant implementation. The Ice run time in the server trapped this exception and returned an UnknownException to the client.

If the Ice.Warn.Dispatch property is set to a non-zero value (it has a default value of 1), Ice logs information about unexpected exceptions raised by a servant. I recommend that you enable this property in your server and carefully examine the server log.

Regards,
    Mark