Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Questions about IceBox and the Ice.Communicator interface

I am using IceBox and have a couple of questions:

1. Is it a good idea to use the same Ice.Communicator interface for send/receive operations? The service will receive data from one system, transform it and forward it to another like this:
A --> IceBox.Service --> B
where A and B are different systems.

2. Should I cache the Ice.Communicator interface upon service start? Or is there a proper way to obtain it from Ice in other places within the same application?

Comments

• Since no one answered my questions, I can share the results of the tests I did last week.
    1. Is it a good idea to use the same Ice.Communicator interface for send/receive operations? The service will receive data from one system, transform it and forward it to another like this:
    A --> IceBox.Service --> B
    where A and B are different systems.
    It was possible to use the same communicator for send/receive operations (this is not a two-way communication). I experienced no problems doing that, however I will appreciate if someone confirms that this is the right way.
    2. Should I cache the Ice.Communicator interface upon service start? Or is there a proper way to obtain it from Ice in other places within the same application?
    I still cannot find a reliable way of obtaining the communicator interface from the IceBox. It seems that my only option is caching it. Of course I am still newbie in regard to the Ice API.