Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

about chat demo

hi,
when I change the port 4064 to 7001 in the config file config.glacier2router(chat demo config file), then I cought this exception:
!! 12/19/10 04:09:30.561 glacier2router: error: service caught unhandled excepti
on:
Network.cpp:1104: Ice::SocketException:
socket exception: WSAEADDRINUSE
why ?

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    socket exception: WSAEADDRINUSE

That exception indicates that the address/port is already in use by other application.

See the documentation of sockets error code from Microsoft:
    Windows Sockets Error Codes (Windows)
  • xdm wrote: »
    That exception indicates that the address/port is already in use by other application.

See the documentation of sockets error code from Microsoft:
    Windows Sockets Error Codes (Windows)

hi, xdm, thanks for your help.
    I try to change the port to another any number, but failed.
    It seems that the port must use 4064,
    why?
    so it's not the address/port is already in use by other application.
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    I try to change the port to another any number, but failed.

Did you get the same exception with other port number? do you have a firewall running in that computer, if so try to disable the firewall to see if that helps.

You can use netstat.exe to found if another process is listen on a port, see here
    How to determine which program uses or blocks specific transmission control protocol ports in Windows
    It seems that the port must use 4064, why?

glacier2router can bind to any port, given that the port is not in use, the user has enough permissions and there isn't a firewall restriction.

Note that if you change the port in "config.glacier2router", you will also need to update the push clients to connect to the new port.
    Did you get the same exception with other port number? do you have a firewall running in that computer, if so try to disable the firewall to see if that helps.

hi, xdm, Thanks a lot.
    yes, I got the same exception with any other port number, but 4064.
    I think the problem may be SSL.

Glacier2.Client.Endpoints=ssl -p 7001 -t 10000 -h 127.0.0.1:tcp -p 7001 -t 10000 -h 127.0.0.1

if I don't use ssl, the port number can use any other number.
    why?
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Glacier2.Client.Endpoints=ssl -p 7001 -t 10000 -h 127.0.0.1:tcp -p 7001 -t 10000 -h 127.0.0.1 

You cannot use the same port for SSL and TCP, you need two use different ports, for example try.
    Glacier2.Client.Endpoints=ssl -p 7001 -t 10000 -h 127.0.0.1:tcp -p 4502 -t 10000 -h 127.0.0.1 

Note that if you want to use the Silverlight push client, the tcp port must be in the range 4502-4534, see the section ''Basics of the Security Policy System", in Network Security Access Restrictions in Silverlight

You cannot use the same port for SSL and TCP, you need two use different ports, for example try.
    Glacier2.Client.Endpoints=ssl -p 7001 -t 10000 -h 127.0.0.1:tcp -p 4502 -t 10000 -h 127.0.0.1 

Note that if you want to use the Silverlight push client, the tcp port must be in the range 4502-4534, see the section ''Basics of the Security Policy System", in Network Security Access Restrictions in Silverlight

hi, xdm, thanks a lot,
    Let you laughed at this simple problem, It's ok now.
    I will take care.