Home Help Center

One proxy one thread?

levellevel Member ✭✭
All proxy that maked by the same adapter in the server side does share the same thread?
How can I make the proxy with a thread not the only same thread?
Once call once a thread?

Comments

• marcmarc FloridaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Marc LaukienOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: The Internet Communications Engine ZeroC Staff
    No, proxies do not share any thread. Proxies are fully thread safe, and you can use them in whatever thread you like.
  • levellevel Member ✭✭
    Could you write a example that show all proxy in their own self thread?

.ice like

#ifndef HELLO_ICE
    #define HELLO_ICE

class Hello
    {
    nonmutating void sayHello(long i);
    idempotent void shutdown();
    };

class MyServer
    {
    Hello* Create(string one);
    };

#endif

the HelloI 's sayHello like

void
    HelloI::sayHello(::Ice::Long i,
    const Ice::Current& current) const
    {
    if(i==0)
    {
    Sleep(5000);
    cout << "Sleep(5000);" << endl;
    return ;
    }
    cout << "Hello World!" << endl;
    }
    That is , run two clients ,one call sayHello(0) first ,then one call sayHello(1) ,why the consol could not show one proxy one thread .
  • mesmes CaliforniaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Mark SpruiellOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff
    In the default configuration, Ice has only one thread in its server thread pool, which means there can be at most one operation dispatched at a time. If you want to allow multiple operations to be dispatched simultaneously, change the property Ice.ThreadPool.Server.Size to a value greater than one.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • levellevel Member ✭✭
    I have already set Ice.ThreadPool.Server.Size =10
    but they run like in order? not parallel!

the example like this attach file,
    Could you help me ?

You should run two client ,one type key "t" that run long ,one type key "o" that run soon,I want to the tow client run paralle.

Coule you test?