Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Eclipse plugin autogenerated code not working

Hi,

I have multiple ice definitions for different applications, and so that everyone has access to all of the slice definitions of all the applications so they can use the defined ice services, we separated the actual applications code from the slide definitions folder, so we have one special separated folder we call the Slice Store, so our structure looks like this:
/eclipseApp1
     /src
     /more folders...
/eclipseApp2
     /src
     /more folders...
/SliceStore
     /eclipseApp1
          services.ice
     /eclipseApp2
          services.ice

So when someone from another app needs to generate code from the app slice definitions so they create a client, they don't have to checkout the whole sourcecode of the app just to get the slice files, instead they just checkout the slicestore and they have all of the ice files they need.

The bug here is that, when you add the slice2java builder to a project, you can set the builder properties in the project properties -> slice2java properties menu and then add the SliceStore folder. To add the SliceStore folder to the project, as the SliceStore is outside the project folder, I add it through project properties -> java build path menu and add the folder using the Link Source button, and referencing the external folder.

The problem is that when I add an external folder, even though I create or change the slice files, the autogenerate code doesn't work.

It would be cool if I were able to work with slice files and folders outside of my project and that the autogenerate code does his work and place the generated files in the generated folder.

EDIT: forgot to mention this, when I add the SliceStore folder, the slice code doesn't regenerate on changes, but if I add the slice app folders one by one (/SliceStore/eclipseApp1, app2, etc) then it works, what I'm saying here is that it would be nice to just add the SliceStore folder instead of having to add each application folder.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I think the problem here is that the slice2java builder does not recurse into child directories. You should be able to add the SliceStore folder once, and then in the slice2java builder configuration add each child directories to the list contained in the "Source" configuration panel.