Home Help Center

RWRecMutex deprecated - reason? alternatives?

thomasthomas Member Thomas HentschelOrganization: Technical University of MunichProject: intelligent information distribution system
Hi,

I've seen that the RWRecMutex is deprecated and want to know why you have set that flag? Are there any unresolved bugs in it? or is it replaced with another mutex?

I am asking because I need a reader-writer-mutex with writer-priority and don't want to run into trouble.
If there is no replacement and there are bugs in it I will need to code my own RWRecMutex.

Comments

• marcmarc FloridaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Marc LaukienOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: The Internet Communications Engine ZeroC Staff
    We deprecated it because Ice for C++ doesn't use it internally, and because providing a full-featured threading library is out of the scope of Ice for C++. If you need more than the basic thread abstraction library that Ice for C++ provides, you could have a look at the boost threading library.
  • thomasthomas Member Thomas HentschelOrganization: Technical University of MunichProject: intelligent information distribution system
    ah, ok, thanks for your answer. That does make sense.