Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Help with ICE Client-Server

Hi! I'm trying to program ICE Server-Client in JAVA. I need to, when client send a message to server, server send an other message to other server (client->serverA->serverB). To this, I need to know how serverA knows client message is arrived, to treat this and send to serverB another message. How can I do this?
Hugs!

Comments

• I'm not really sure what advice to give. There is no special technique to do what you want to do. You simply call serverB when serverA receives a message from the client. That's not much different from a non-distributed application where functionA calls functionB which calls functionC. What problems do you exactly have?
  • Hi!
    What I mean is: Has ICE a variable (e.g. a flag) when a message arrives this variable is setted, like an 'alarm', or I need to make a function for this? Because, if ServerA has 100 functions, and a message arrives randomly in these functions, all these functions need increment a variable or something else, understand? Sorry my bad english.
    Hugs

marc wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what advice to give. There is no special technique to do what you want to do. You simply call serverB when serverA receives a message from the client. That's not much different from a non-distributed application where functionA calls functionB which calls functionC. What problems do you exactly have?
  • If there is common code to be executed in all server functions (such as incrementing a counter), then personally, I would simply call such common code in all these server functions.

If you don't like repeating this code (it could be just a single function call), then you could use Dispatch Interceptors.
  • Thx so much! And another question: ICE have an API specification, like JAVA? (Overview (Java 2 Platform SE 5.0)).
    Hugs!
  • Our APIs are described in our Ice manual. For APIs that are defined in Slice, we also have a separate reference.
  • marc wrote: »
    Our APIs are described in our Ice manual. For APIs that are defined in Slice, we also have a separate reference.

Thx so much!!
    Hugs!