Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice dependency tree

Hi,

I'm new to this whole ICE/CORBA thing. I'm trying to get a sort of minimumICE that just does the very basic client-server functions, without the need of Freeze, Glacier, IceBox, IcePatch, IceSSL, IceStorm, IceWall?, IceXML and cutting out the depency to Bzip2, Berkeley DB, and Expat. I don't need any of the Java stuff either. So, having a dependency tree should (hopefully) help me cut out the "fat".

I know IceSSL is a plug-in and could possibly be removed easily ( I haven't looked into that yet), but what about the others? Has anyone used dOxygen to get an accurate picture of the dependencies?

I want to remake the slice2cpp application into slice2jojo or something like that, with conversions to my own basic types and possibly using my own connectors later.

Thanks much,

Jo.

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Welcome!

If you only want to build enough of the source distribution to allow you to write Ice applications, you need to build the following directories:

src/IceUtil
    src/icecpp
    src/Slice
    src/slice2cpp
    src/Ice

The only third-party libraries required to build these directories are STLport (depending on your compiler) and bzip2. Eliminating the dependency on bzip2 would require modifications to src/Ice/Connection.cpp.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Thanks Mark,

I'll do that and see where that brings me. I'm sure there'll be more questions later.

Jo.