Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice for android isn't available on the zeroc labas portal

hello,

I'm a student performing my final project please, does anyone know's where to download Ice for android, the download page isn't available anymore on the ZeroC labs page ?

another thing , is there a manual or document explaining how to connect ICE/Android/ and native Linux libraries?

many thanks in advance,

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hello Fadi,

Ice for Android is no longer a separate download; it is included in the Ice distribution.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • So what do I need to do exactly?

thanks a lot Bernard for your prompt reply,

So I need just to compile ICE for java and take the generated ICE.jar into the the build path of my Android code in eclipse.

many thanks in advance,
    Fadi
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Fadi,

You could simply use a binary distribution for your favorite platform, and use the Ice.jar in that distribution. You don't have to build from sources, although you can if you like.

You should have a look at the Ice for Android demos; with Ice 3.4.2 on Windows, they are installed by default in <Documents>\ZeroC\Ice-3.4.2-demos\demoj\android.

With respect to "connection" with native Linux libraries, do you mean Android NDK? If you want to use Ice and C++ on Android, you may want to try http://www.zeroc.com/forums/comments/5491-compile-icee-under-android-ndk.html.

Best regards,
    Bernard