Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

There is a problem about many icestorm servers Load equalization!

Hi!

There is a problem about many icestorm servers Load equalization!
If there exist too many endpoints for subscribe and publish but only one icestorm server, so we need start many other servers to share the same task .How can I start many icestorm servers with icegrid ?
I write a program that there exist one icegrid server two icestorm servers ,by the test ,I find that both of icestorm servers work itself and don’t commnunicate to each other !
How can solve the problem ?
Could you give me a example or template?

Thank you very much !
Ateng
2011.11.17.16:45

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Can you tell us a bit more about your application? For instance, how many subscribers and publishers do you have?

A single IceStorm server should be able to handle many subscribers but if you need to spread the load over multiple IceStorm servers, you can use IceStorm topic federation (see the Ice manual for more information on how to setup federation).

For an example of how to start IceStorm with IceGrid, see the demo/IceStorm/replicated demo included with your Ice distribution. It shows a replicated deployment of IceStorm... you can modify it to run separate federated IceStorm instances.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • thank very much for your reply !

HI!
    it is very sorry for my terrible description .
    I had see the ice manual,but I do not find the proper method for my application.
    What I must should complete is the task that :firstly I need start many icestorm servers ,secondly,each icestorm server with one publish in the same endpoint ,but subscriber endpoint in the different endpiont and it do not know the icestorm server endpoint and it just know the icegrid server endpiont !
    I have try many times to let the subscriber point to the the icegrid server and subscriber the topic from different publish endpiont,but I failed.
    how can i accomplish it ?
    could you give me a help for the detail ?
    thank you very much !
    ateng
    2011.11.21 23:15
  • I have slove the problem with icegrid and icestorm.

I have slove the problem with icegrid and icestorm.
    thank you very much for you reply.

ateng
    2011.12.6.22:06