Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice.UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException issue

Hello,

I have a problem with UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException. The StackTrace is as follows:

Se produjo una excepción de tipo 'Ice.UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException'.
en Ice.ObjectPrxHelperBase.handleExceptionWrapper__(ObjectDel_ delegate, LocalExceptionWrapper ex)
en logic.queries.QueryPrxHelper.getBingResults(String collection, Dictionary`2 context__, Boolean explicitContext__)

After reading the documentation I checked that client and server have the code for the same Slice definition. I recompiled the same Slice file for both, just to be sure, but the exception remains.

I have a Java server-C# client structure, it worked properly some days ago, don't know what happens. I don't use ["java:package"] in my Slice definition, it just contains classes, sequences and one interface. Could it be because of the sequences?? I define them like this:

["java:type:java.util.ArrayList<models.web.WebResultBing>"] sequence<web::WebResultBing> WebResultsBing;
//["clr:generic:List"] sequence<web::WebResultBing> WebResultsBing;

An then compile with "java:type:java.util.ArrayList" for creating Java code, and "clr:generic:List" for C#. But this used to work well...

I also checked that the server behaves properly and returns the expected data object.

I could really use some help with this. Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like you've already checked for the most common causes of UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException, so I would need more information to help you further. The quickest way to resolve this is for you to provide a small, self-contained client-server example that reproduces the problem.

Best regards,
    Mark