Home Help Center

slice2py.exe -- slice34.dll missing error

careycarey Member Carey HeckmanOrganization: PersonalProject: Develop server/client for OEM hardware
I am attempting to compile a slice definition to python using slice2py.exe under Windows 7 Pro x64. An error occurs indicating that 'slice34.dll' is missing from my computer. I have attempted to manually register the .dll, but the /bin/slice2py.dll (and all other slice2py.dll) did not appear to be valid Windows dll.

Any thoughts on how to get slice2py.exe to work?

Comments

• xdmxdm La Coruña, SpainAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Jose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff
    Hi Carey,

Welcome to our forums

See Using the Windows Binary Distribution - Ice 3.4 - ZeroC
  • careycarey Member Carey HeckmanOrganization: PersonalProject: Develop server/client for OEM hardware
    xdm wrote: »

Thanks for the quick response. I should have said in my initial post that I had changed both the PATH and PYTHONPATH variables. I double checked to be sure and I am still having the same problem.

Any further guidance for a newbie?
  • xdmxdm La Coruña, SpainAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Jose Gutierrez de la ConchaOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice Developer ZeroC Staff
    Hi Carey,

What is your PATH configuration, can you post the output of "echo %PATH%"?

Do you see "slice34.dll" in C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.4.2\bin directory?