Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

NotRegisteredException

Hello all,

After reading the doc and forum, I am stuck.

In the sample Ice-3.4.2-demos\democs\IceGrid\simple\client.cs, what could be the cause of a exception raise NotRegisteredException during the call of checkedCast() in this code ?
HelloPrx hello = null;
try
{
    hello = HelloPrxHelper.checkedCast(communicator().stringToProxy("hello"));
}
catch(Ice.NotRegisteredException)
{
}

Regards,
Thierry

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

The exception indicates that a well-known object (or object adapter) could not be found. If you define Ice.Trace.Locator=1 in your client, you should see log output that describes the unknown entity.

Regards,
    Mark
  • mes wrote: »
    Hi,

The exception indicates that a well-known object (or object adapter) could not be found. If you define Ice.Trace.Locator=1 in your client, you should see log output that describes the unknown entity.

Regards,
    Mark

Thanks Mark for your answer, I know the adapter that cause the problem. I just adapt for my needs the sample icegrid/simple and now it does not work. Client raise the exception and I am not find any difference between the icegrid/simple and my code...
  • mes
    mes California
    Hi,

I'd recommend starting with an empty IceGrid database, reviewing your deployment descriptor (XML) file, and re-deploying the application.

If you're still having trouble, post an archive of the project and we'll take a look at it.

Regards,
    Mark