Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Can't find ICE include files on Visual Studio 2010

I'm using ICE 3.4.2 with visual studio 2010 (isn't express). I installed Visual Studio (is updated), ICE and then Visual Studio Add-in update. Created my project and used Ice Configuration...

But when I compile my project Visual Studio can't find ICE include files. I need to do more than just use visual studio add-in?

Thanks

update: Maybe $IceHome isnt set

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Rafael,

There was a problem with Ice-3.4.2 installer "repair" option, that doesn't correctly set IceHome macro, maybe you have used the "repair" option?

To check if the macro has been correctly set, open your project in Visual Studio and go to "View > Property Manager", expand the tree and look for a property sheet named "ice", double click to open it, and under "Common Properties" look in "User Macros", there you must have a macro named "IceHome" with value "C:\Program Files\ZeroC\Ice-3.4.2" on Windows x86 or C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.4.2" on Windows x64.

If the value isn't correctly set you can update it from there or alternatively you can re install Ice-3.4.2 without using the "repair" option, and then re install the Add-in update.
  • I used repair option. This cause the bug. I reinstall ICE and is working now.

Thanks for the help.