Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice Qt Necessitas Android

Hi Guys,

Also has anyone managed to use the qt extension called "necessitas" along with Ice for android??

Regards,

Dr. Suraj Nair

Comments

• Ice & Android & Qt

I tried this already and got partly a success
    I could compile IceE using the NDK (native c++) and after some patches on the source code and makefiles i could compile it.
    I could make a Qt (QML) application and used IceE and the application performed as an Ice client. This works, even with IceGrid registration server lookup.
    I tried the same but now the application used as a server. This crashes as soon an Ice object is added to an Ice object adapter. It looks it has nothing todo with the combination of Qt. Making a native android ice server application behaves exactly the same. Crashes as soon an Ice object is added to the object adapter.
    I could compile also Ice 3.5.1 with Android NDK (Only libIce and libIceUtil). I hoped to get rid of the crash, but the behavior is exactly the same!
    I tried to do the same on a Raspbery PI, here everything works (using same sources of ice). So it seems the problem is related to the combination of Android NDK and Ice(E). I have no idea for the moment where the problem lies....