Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Codeblocks + Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler 2010

I'm trying setup Codeblocks with microsoft C++ compiler, followed the steps for the visual studio manual configuration but something is missing, I keep getting this compile error:
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall IceInternal::Cpp11FnCallbackNC::Cpp11FnCallbackNC(class std::tr1::function<void __cdecl(class IceUtil::Exception const &)> const &,class std::tr1::function<void __cdecl(bool)> const &)" (__imp_??0Cpp11FnCallbackNC@IceInternal@@QAE@ABV?$function@$$A6AXABVException@IceUtil@@@Z@tr1@std@@ABV?$function@$$A6AX_N@Z@34@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall `private: class IceInternal::Handle<class Ice::AsyncResult> __thisc|

Codeblocks is configured like that:

Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi,

We don't officially support this IDE, that being said i have noticed a few things in your configuration.

<IceHome>lib\vc110 is for VS 2012 (VC110), for VS 2010 (VC100) you should use the libraries from <IceHome>\lib

Also note that you need to use different linker settings for debug and release builds, use the import libraries with a d suffix (such as iced.lib and iceutild.lib) to link with the debug DLLs. In the screenshot you posted seems you are using the same settings for debug and release builds.
  • It worked. Thank you for the help.

It's nice that ICE works with C::B because I need that my client runs on Windows and Linux. And C::B runs on both. I just need to have different build targets with different compilers for each platform.