Home Help Center

Patch Distribution in IceGrid Admin 3.5.0

fny_palfny_pal Member Paul LernerOrganization: FNY LLCProject: E-Mail monitor, service status checks
Hi,

I'm unable to deploy patches to servers from IceGrid Admin tool 3.5.0

This is new deployment of Ice 3.5.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2. I believe IcePatch2server is setup correctly. I can pull updates using icepatch2client.

If I right-click on a service and pick 'Patch Distribution', the status line displays "Patching server '%servername%'....done." but no new/updated files are distributed.

Do I need to modify my icepatch2/servers configuration or patch distribution functionality has been depreciated in IceGrid Admin 3.5.0?

Thank you in advance,
Paul

Comments

• benoitbenoit Rennes, FranceAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Benoit FoucherOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Hi Paul,

It should still be working, I recommend to enable tracing with IceGrid.Registry.Trace.Patch=1 and IceGrid.Node.Trace.Patch=1 to see if the tracing provides additional information.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • fny_palfny_pal Member Paul LernerOrganization: FNY LLCProject: E-Mail monitor, service status checks
    Benoit,

Thank you for the prompt response. I have enabled additional loggin and initiated patching from GUI many times in the past few days, but the logs remain empty.

Has anyone experienced/reported the same behavior? Will posting IcePatch2 configuration files help to see what's going on?

Sincerely,
    Paul